Saturday, July 26, 2008

A really "hot" laptop

·






Lenovo IdeaPad Y510




I asked my father to lend me his new laptop(he havn began to use it yet) during my summer holiday.At first,i found it's cool for it can well satisfy ur multimedia entertainment needs.it has amazing built-in Dolby Home Theater stereo speakers located above and on both sides of the keyboard (four built-in speakers and a subwoofer).


what's more it also has touch-sensitive media buttons above the keyboard and a cool laser telecontroller, a built-in microphone,and a 1.3M pix webcam.





Additionally, in the Y510 there r 250GB hard drive .but most ppl don need so much sortage like this,except you downloading tons of music, movies, and TV shows ...




well...all those features looks cool....




but when i began to use it,I found it's acctualy a hot laptop,not a cool one.


significant heat comes from the top of th hard drive(left palm rest),so when u use the keyboard,u must lift ur left hand high,or u'll get a left toasted palm...


when i read the user guide,I found instructions like this: don use the keyboard for long,or ur skin may be burned... what?!!! this is rediculous...do the designer think we bought this laptop only for multimedia entertainment?




then i found some other cons




  • it's heavy as a solid stone


  • the screen displace is so reflective that it might as well be a mirror


  • usb position isn very proper


  • hard drive is too easy to be removed,cant be fixed firmly


I think i'd better use my old Thinkpad instead
mac mac mac,when can i get a mac?



0 comments: