Friday, August 22, 2008

Daria

·

Recently i was watching a animated tv series---Daria


What the main figure Daria deeply impressed me is her rarely changed face expression n tone of voice,and the small satisfied smile when she is pleased(it looks dull but cool,lol)

Daria, who embodied cynicism, an intellectual bent, and anti-social feelings, with extreme stereotypical personalities, reflective of the culture of a teenage generation

Though PRC teenage culture is quite diff from US;moreover,I cant understand the language very well,I feel it's satirical,exaggerated n interesting,and i like the drawing stlye.

I'm not a cynical n stereotypical person myself,but I found Daria is adorable to me,her coldhearted tone n the small satisfied smile n her cynical words r fab to me,isnt it strange?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
August 23, 2008 at 7:05 AM  

not strange at all

sometimes i find that i like things that i have no possible way of relating to

is her cynicism true or is it masking her vulnerabilities?

Stelart Wang said...
August 23, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

I think it's true,or maybe bcoz of her conformist image n mentality?

the TV programme that Daria regularly watch is Sick,Sad World.
and wiki says the series was satirizing popular culture.

As for masking the vunerabilities,I dont think i hav met any true cynic around me,most cynics r trying to mask something,though may unconsciously.Including myself sometimes.